5 years ago, if you talked to anyone, you would hear that they were very bullish on the following sectors:
- Airlines in India
- Companies servicing Indian Infrastructure
- Real Estate
- Cellphones and Telecom providers in India.
- Airlines in India - Most are on the verge on bankruptcy. Kingfisher does not have money for fuel, Indian Airlines is nearly dead, all carriers are showing heavy losses.
- Companies servicing Indian Infrastructure - The Infrastructure Index is doing worse than NIFTY/SENSEX
- Real Estate - All the major players like DLF/Prestige etc have literally crashed.
- Cellphones and Telecom providers in India - Reliance Infocomm, Airtel, Tata Indicom - well do you still want to hear the story again?