Monday, July 13, 2009

Best Books - The Ones I Recommend

This post is about three awesome books that I think are very nice as well as complementary to each other. They make a nice package together and are an indispensable read for any professional.

  1. Poor Charlie's Almanac : Charlie Munger's common sense approach and examples and management insights make this book a very valuable read. It has examples and cases and it tells you how to think in an interdisciplinary manner.
  2. Management Challenges for the 21st Century : Peter Drucker says it best and its worth reading this one and pondering over it.
  3. What They Don't Teach you at Harvard Business School : One of the best books you will read about being street smart and hands down approach to work.
These three go well together. The first one is concepts, second one more of a future view and the third one a very practical do-list kind of book.

What do you think?

1 comment:

m said...

I have not been able to find the first book, unfortunately. I have read the third book, and it was a nice read. I will look up the second one.

In the same vein, one the better books that I have read is, 'Influence' by cialdini.