Sunday, June 25, 2006

FreeGanita.com - A Noble Cause to make Maths more popular

I had the pleasure of working with Somayaji (Som) during my first stint with Oracle during the period 1998-2000. A lot of things which are a part of my day to day work habits were ingrained and sharpened during the time I worked with Som. Today he organized a get-together lunch of old timers to announce the launch of FreeGanita.com - a free and useful site targeted to the students of class VIII to X to help them grapple with the nuances of Mathematics (Ganita is Sanskrit for Mathematics). This is a charitable cause and knowing Som's personal integrity, I can wholeheartedly vouch for and endorse the purpose and operation of this non-profit enterprise.

If readers of this blog in India have folks in classes VIII to X, they can log on to FreeGanita.com and check it out. The content there should be available soon in English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Malyalam and Telugu.

No comments: