Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sachin in Pakistan : Hercules in New York

First an apology for the apparently silly headline.  However, whats being painted in the media after Indian team’s shameful loss in the third cricket test is all about Sachin Tendulkar’s “over the hill” state of career.

I am no cricket expert, and neither am I having any preset opinion about anyone.  I just miss the Sachin of old.  The way he batted in the 2003 Cricket World Cup in SA was a dream come true.  The first ball six off Shoaib Akhter will always be etched in my memory.  If a bowler had targetted Sachin earlier, he surely got a dose of his class.  Warne, Fleming, Shoaib Akhter, Olonga, Kasprowicz are all testimonies of this fact. I know he is not upto par, maybe it’s the injury, maybe it’s the age, or maybe its both.  I am just disappointed that he got out bowled two times.  Good batsmen rarely get bowled, as if you are getting in line, you will be either caught or be LBW.  I wish Sachin gets a good score and bats like he does – attacking and classy.

No comments: